Things move quickly in today’s digital age, and every procedure has been converted to digital. You can receive and acquire all of the knowledge you need from the comfort of your own home using the internet. Similarly, train ticket booking is also done digitally, through platforms such as IRCTC and various booking software apps.
People nowadays book their train tickets online from their homes, offices, and other locations and If you are not aware about booking rail tickets online Just check this article Guide to book your rail tickets online
In some occasions people might cancel their travel/trip due to some unavoidable situations. In that particular time some of the passengers will apply for cancelling their tickets and some may not. This is because that most people are find it easy on booking rail tickets and they find it difficult or they might have not have a proper insight of how to cancel train tickets.
If you are one among them and worried on how to cancel train tickets after booking, then this article will help you in having a clear view on train ticket cancellation process.
Train ticket Cancellation policies and Steps
Despite train ticket cancellation, it has been found that the passengers do not receive a refund from IRCTC. This happens because the passengers are unaware of the IRCTC’s ticket cancellation and refund policies. As a result, you won’t be able to cancel your IRCTC ticket unless you understand the refund policies.
Under certain conditions, the Indian Railways’ online ticket booking arm allows you to get a refund for a confirmed IRCTC ticket. It is technically impossible to cancel a confirmed railway ticket at a railway station. The train ticket cancellation can only be done via online.
Here are the various rules that needs to be noted and followed for train ticket cancellation,
- You must first log in to the IRCTC website and then request that your tickets be cancelled. There are, however, a few restrictions.
- After logging in, the user must select the relevant ticket from the “Booked Tickets” section.
- By selecting the passengers, a cancellation can be triggered. or select and cancel ticket by PNR number
- When a cancellation is confirmed online, the applicable amount is credited back to the same account that was used to book the ticket.
- If a ticket is partially cancelled, the user must print a new e-reservation slip separately, just as they would for the original ticket.
- The Indian Railways deduct 50% of the base fare + GST applicable to all AC classes if a confirmed ticket is cancelled less than 12 hours and up to 4 hours before the train’s scheduled departure. Furthermore, the service and transaction fees associated with booking the tickets are non-refundable.
- The Indian Railways deducts 25% of the base fee + GST applicable for all AC classes if an e-ticket is cancelled within 48 hours and up to 12 hours before to the train’s scheduled departure. Furthermore, the service and transaction fees associated with booking the tickets are non-refundable.
- After chart preparation, e-tickets cannot be cancelled. You can file a TDR in such situations.
- There will be no refund of fare if the confirmed ticket is not cancelled or TDR is not filed up to 4 hours before the scheduled departure.
- If a RAC ticket is not cancelled or a TDR is not submitted online up to 30 minutes before the train’s scheduled departure, there will be no refund.
- Apart from service and transaction charges, Rs. 60/- (per passenger) would be deducted for RAC/waitlisted ticket cancellations.
- When you cancel your confirmed Tatkal ticket refund will not be initiated.
Train Ticket cancellation charges
For AC First Class/Executive Class bookings, a fixed cancellation fee of Rupees 240 (per passenger) is imposed if you cancel your tickets 48 hours before the start of the train voyage. A surcharge of Rs. 200 is charged for AC 2 Tier/First Class reservations. Bookings in the AC 3 Tier/AC Chair car/AC 3 Economy class cost Rs 180. For Sleeper Class reservations, a fee of Rs. 120 is levied, and for Second Class reservations, a fee of Rs. 60 is paid. The IRCTC website has all of this information.
If you cancel your train ticket less than 12 hours before the departure time, you will be charged a 25% cancellation fee, which will be deducted from the amount refunded.
Counter Train Ticket Cancellation
- To begin, go to the IRCTC website and enter your PNR number, train number, and captcha.
- To confirm that you’ve read the terms and conditions, click the box.
- You will receive an OTP on the mobile number provided at the time of booking after you hit the submit button. You must input the OTP and then click the submit button.
- The screen will provide PNR details after the OTP has been validated.
- After you’ve double-checked the information, click the ‘cancel ticket’ link to complete the cancellation. The amount of the refund will then be displayed on the screen.
- Your PNR and reimbursement information will be sent to you through SMS. ‘Your PNR XXXXXX has been cancelled,’ the SMS should say. Refund amount XXXX can be collected at the starting station or nearby satellite PRS stations. If you want to cancel your ticket before the scheduled train departure time, you can get a refund of up to 50% of the ticket price from any Indian Railways PRS counter by submitting the original PRS counter ticket.
- If you have confirmed tickets, you can cancel up to four hours before the train’s scheduled departure time, and if you have RAC/waitlisted tickets, you can cancel up to thirty minutes before the train’s scheduled departure time.
- You can also apply for a refund in person. Fill out a cancellation requisition form with your PNR and cancelled train details at your local Indian Railways PRS counter. You will be refunded in the same manner as you paid for the ticket.
All the information for cancellation and refund policy of IRCTC is available on its official website https://www.irctc.co.in/nget/
I Hope this article would have helped you in knowing the facts on How to cancel train tickets online.